Healthier Cash Flow. Greater Profits. Financial Stability. Fewer Taxes.
Let Smith & Gesteland’s Construction Industry Services Group prepare you for a successful future.
You’ve worked hard to build your business from the ground up. We work with over 100 contractors providing general business planning, financial management, tax planning and compliance, human resource management, 80/20 profit enhancement and business simplification, and computer information technology solutions. Let us help you develop a blueprint for your construction company’s success.
Our construction industry experts have written articles for trade association Boards and Committees, and have attended local and national industry conferences. We understand your challenges.
For additional information on S&G’s services to the construction industry, please contact Sean Auger by e-mail or phone at (608) 836-7500.
Services to the Construction Industry
Business Improvement Planning
- 80/20 business simplification and profitability improvement
- Strategic planning
- Business planning
- Company valuations
Financial Management and Financial Statements
- Audits, reviews, and compilations
- Budgeting techniques
- Cash flow planning
- Control over labor and costs
- Accurate financial reporting and job cost systems
- Internal control systems to prevent misuse of assets
- Pricing and estimating systems
- Assistance securing bonding and financing
- Assistance in obtaining financing and bonding
- Financial analysis and key performance indicators
- Hardware and software system selection
- Network implementation, maintenance and administration
- Communication systems
Tax Planning and Compliance
- Entity and accounting method selection
- Income and estate tax planning
- Personal property tax
- Sales and use tax minimization
- IRS audit assistance
- Section 179D energy efficiency deduction qualification and maximization
- Research and development tax credit qualification and maximization
Human Resource Management
- Executive hiring searches
- Job descriptions
- Compensation surveys and systems
- Employee benefits consulting
- Personnel policy and procedure manuals